Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Winter Semester 2014 (a few months late)

I took off for the Philippines right after
winter semester without a chance to post some
of my work from the semester.  Here are just a few
paintings that I did:)

This first assignment we were asked to 
illustrate a visual clichè. I chose...
"Head in the Clouds"


Here we have a Filipino "Jeepney"


This last year at the MTC I taught missionaries that were assigned
to serve in the Philippines for the LDS Church.  (mormon.org)
I taught an incredible group of elders and right as they
were getting ready to leave I was inspired to do an illustration
of them.  It turned out to be a take on "Putting on the whole armor of God" Eph. 6:13




We were given very specific directions with this project.
We were to paint a paper airplane with a striped background.
This piece always makes me think of the song,
"My Paper Heart" by The All-American Rejects


And that's my quick update.  
Hopefully I can stay on top of it next time;)
(i always say that)

No comments:

Post a Comment